Central States Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
• Plan the leadership program’s annual workshop
• Attend and help facilitate the workshop
• Publicize the workshop and select participants
• Evaluate the workshop
CSCTFL LEADERSHIP WORKSHOP
Strong leadership is a quality that every organization needs in order to thrive. The Central States Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (CSCTFL) has developed a program to broaden leadership potential in its 14-state region.
• Participants must apply in advance by completing the form linked below to attend this day-long workshop beginning at 8:30 AM on Thursday, March 12.
• This workshop is offered at no additional charge but participants must register for the conference and be accepted to participate.
• The participant must be sponsored by a state that is a member of the CSCTFL Advisory Council. Each state may send two attendees. If there are open seats, a participant may self-nominate as long as their state is a member of the Advisory Council.
• CSCTFL Board Members and ACTFL Leadership Initiative for Language Learning (LILL) Fellows will lead this workshop.
Leadership Workshop 2020
This workshop is designed to help participants analyze their leadership style and hone their leadership skills.
Participants:This workshop is designed for world language educators who currently occupy a leadership role (e.g., current curriculum coordinators, department chairpersons, supervisors), as well as classroom teachers and other emerging leaders who hope to take on specific leadership and supervisory roles.
• Analyze the core tenets of leadership
• Explore a variety of leadership styles
• Formulate and evaluate leadership goals and next steps
• Consider one's approaches to teacher development and evaluation
Outcomes:Participants will use their deeper understanding of leadership skills and styles as well as their personal strengths to develop a personal leadership development plan for their current and future leadership activities.
Applications should be completed by December 1, 2019.CSCTFL Leadership Application Form
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com