Central States Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
Committee Members:Todd Bowen
CSCTFL LEADERSHIP WORKSHOP
Strong leadership is a quality that every organization needs in order to thrive. The Central States Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (CSCTFL) has developed a program that will broaden leadership potential in its 14-state region.
• Participants must apply in advance by completing the form linked below to attend this daylong workshop beginning at 8:30 AM on Thursday, March 14.
• This workshop is offered at no additional charge but participants must register for the conference and be accepted to participate in the workshop.
• The participant must be sponsored by a state that is a member of the CSCTFL Advisory Council. Each state may send two attendees. (If there are open spots, the registrant may self-nominate as long as their state is a member of the Advisory Council.)
• CSCTFL Board Members and Members of Cohorts 1 and 2 of Leadership Initiative for Language Learning (LILL) will lead this workshop.
Leadership Workshop 2019
This workshop is designed to help participants analyze their leadership style and hone their leadership skills.
This workshop is designed for current curriculum coordinators, department chairpersons, and others in supervisory positions and for classroom teachers, as well as emerging leaders who hope to take on specific leadership and supervisory roles.
• Analyze the core tenants of leadership;
• Explore a variety of leadership styles;
• Evaluate participants’ goals and next steps requiring leadership skills; and
• Consider one's approaches to teacher development and evaluation.
Participants will use their deeper understanding of leadership skills and styles as well as their personal strengths to develop a personal leadership development plan for carrying out current and future responsibilities.
Applications should be completed by January 18, 2019.CSCTFL Leadership Application Form
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com